Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Iron Man



Today I went to see the movie, Iron Man. I admit it: I'm a sucker for superhero films (it must be my inner child). It did not disappoint. The movie was action-packed and full of explosions and great special effects. But, special effects aside, the story had some substance to it. The main character, Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey, Jr., is the billionaire head of a weapons manufacturing company who has a change of heart about the nature of his business and its complicity in worldwide violence. He decides to fight this violence with his alter-ego, Iron Man. Unlike most superheros, he didn't have any super powers; his powers came from technology. Also, Tony Stark was an imperfect person; he was shallow and arrogant, but his conscience moved him to do good. I find it more interesting when superheroes are not one-dimensional and have flaws like most humans. It makes them seem more real. Robert Downey, Jr was well cast in the role. He had the right look and projected just the right amount of attitude without overacting. Gwyneth Paltrow played his trusty assistant, Pepper Potts. She didn't do a whole lot, but she served the purpose well. It was an enjoyable two hours of escape. Sometimes it is nice just to sit back and be entertained. The viewing experience was enhanced by the DLP digital projectors which provided for a sharp, clear picture and awesome surround sound. It also helped that the wheelchair seating at this theater is very good.

3 comments:

Lance Anderson said...

Hey John

Even though I usually don't like movies with special effects (especially CGI!!!) I do want to see Iron Man. My main reason (that your review confirms) can be summed up in two and a half words: Robert Downey Jr.

Glad to see the recent medical procedures have gone fairly well... I look forward to your 40th. It is a milestone, that is 'for sure, for sure.' On this one, I can speak from experience!

Cheers,

--Lance

Anonymous said...

Lots of information and benefits that I can take from your writing.
I hope that in the future it will get even better and better, so that everyone can get a lot of information here.

Visit the best Website health and information

Lots of information and benefits that I can take from your writing.
I hope that in the future it will get even better and better, so that everyone can get a lot of information here.

Visit the best Website health and information


tasi said...

published here o0q43j7d41 cheap designer bags replica replica bags wholesale replica bags supplier discover this g9n66b8m43 replica bags china free shipping go to the website t6m09m4r67 good quality replica bags replica bags supplier b8l45a1x36