Tuesday, September 18, 2007

San Diego Wild Animal Park





























Yesterday I went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park with my nurse, Ernie. It is one of my favorite places to go. I like just to drive around in my chair enjoying the scenery and looking at the animals. I have a yearly membership so I can go as much as I want. It is always enjoyable for me to see animals, especially when they have room to move around. They recently added a new attraction called Journey into Africa to replace the old railway. Like the railway, the new trams drive around the vast enclosures so that the animals can be seen roaming about like in Africa. But, what makes the tram so much better is that it is fully wheelchair accessible. They have a ramp that I drove up into the car, and tie-downs for the wheelchair. It was a very smooth ride and enjoyable. I wasn't able to go on the old railway and always wished they would make it accessible. It is great that they made it possible for wheelchair users to enjoy the ride like everybody else. Another great thing they introduced is a shuttle bus to transport disabled people to and from the far reaches of the park. Overall, the park is very accessible for wheelchairs. They get high marks in my book. I look forward to my next visit.

No comments: