Friday, March 18, 2022

Why I'm Non-partisan

I have never belonged to a political party, and I don't want to join one.

Belonging to a political party doesn't fit with me. I don't like being told how I should think, or what I should believe; I prefer to have an open-mind, and do not like dogmatism. Neither party truly speaks to me, and my unconventional views don't always fit with either side.

The parties and how they behave is another reason I don't want to join either one. I'm equally disgusted by both parties.They both put their parties above the country, and seem more interested in scoring political points and in attacking each other than in getting things done. In both parties there are good ideas and there are bad ideas. But, it's gotten to the point that each party automatically dismisses most ideas by the other. There is little attempt at listening to the other side or trying to understand where the other side is coming from. Finding common ground is difficult to find. The extreme elements on both sides are taking over and more moderate and reasonable voices are ignored.



No comments: